NB-IoT & LTE-M
Get your product directly on the mobile network
NB-IoT & LTE-M is a data network designed for Internet of Things and built into the existing mobile network worldwide.
Connect your products via the mobile network with NB-IoT & LTE-M
Our NB-IoT & LTE-M platform supports the standard technologies NB-IoT and LTE-M (CAT-NB2 / CAT-M), which are both integrated into the customer’s already existing products as well as integrated when designing new smart IoT products according to the customer’s needs.
The two technologies each have their field of operation where NB-IoT is designed for the battery to last for many years with low data consumption which makes it suitable for Smart City sensors, energy meters and tracking devices. If a larger amount of data is required and power consumption is not so critical, LTE-M is better suited as with surveillance cameras and ‘voice’ products.
Bluetooth Low Energy is also integrated in our NB-IoT & LTE-M platform, which enables you to directly connect to an app on a smartphone. This allows us to activate the device via an app and configure directly or read log files.
NB-IoT & LTE-M platform main features:
- Wireless technologies; CAT-NB2 / CAT-M /Bluetooth Low Energy
- Production tool, i.e. we have the equipment and IT systems to put products, into production
- Firmware-update over the Air
- Geo-position at GNSS (GPS)
- Integration of a wide range of sensor types such as temperature, humidity, vibration etc.
- API for customer software
- Design-in on the customer’s products
- Development of complete new IoT products
- Primary battery pack designed for long lifetime (up to 10 years, depending on use cases)
- Possibility of rechargeable battery, wireless charging (Qi) or fixed power supply (12 – 24 V)
Mogens explains what NB-IoT is
NB-IoT & LTE-M technologies
Supports many different use cases: mobile/desktop products with low and high data speeds.
Based on the standard 3GPP-licensed frequency band, which provides universal accessibility with mobile networks supporting 2G, 3G, 4G and future 5G.
Low power consumption – up to 10 years of battery life on each sensor.
Low cost compared to current modem technologies.
Extended reach compared to current 4G mobile phones.
With eSIM, you no longer have to worry about handling the physical SIM card as this is a software SIM card.
Based on current network infrastructure:
The latest standards (3GPP) only need SW updates to be supported on the current mobile network.
Contact us to learn more about NB-IoT & LTE-M.
Mogens Durup Nielsen – email@example.com or +45 30 98 41 40